Friday, June 22, 2012

Best News Yet!!!

Amazing News! Basically just got the best case scenario results from the doctors! Ultra sounds show nothing, blood levels are perfect and while they know there are still a few cancer cells left, they may not grow or turn into anything for many years if at all!!!!! I don't even have to come back back to Colorado except for a checkup in a year!!! I'm so happy!!!!! Wooooooooooo!!!!

For those of you who want all the details here's the full story/ramble; I've returned back to Colorado late Tuesday night after long and somewhat frustrating travels (don't fall asleep in the airport and miss your flight, it sucks!) On Thursday I headed to Denver for some pokes and prods and a follow up from my last visit. I got blood tests and an ultrasound. The ultrasound was a bit scary at first, the girl was a intern and focussed a lot of several areas and seemed concerned, so she got another doctor in to have a look. The other doctor looked very thoroughly and discovered everything the other girl was worried about was nothing to worry about at all, just scar tissue from my surgery, and healthy lymph nodes. They sent the results to the radiologist to look at and as we were leaving one of them  stopped us and said with a huge smile on her face, "I'm not supposed to say anything regarding the results, but just know that everything looks really really good!" which was a huge relief!

Then on Friday we went back for the official results, feeling excited, but trying not to get our hopes up too much. But to our delight we got nothing but good news! The ultra sounds looked great and showed absolutely nothing to worry about, and my blood tests were at the perfect level! He explained what we already knew in that there are still a few cancer cells in there, but chances are it's an incredibly minute and microscopic amount and that we'll have to keep an eye on it, but basically it most likely won't cause any trouble for many years, even decades, if it grows much at all. He even mentioned that on rare occasions such small amounts of desease simply get reabsorbed into the body and it cures itself! So all I have to do is continue to make sure my medication levels are correct, and come back in a year for another follow up, and after 3 years of yearly follow ups than we can move it to every couple of years! Absolutely amazing news and a million times better than we could have dreamed!

So now I'm enjoying the beautiful summer weather and all of my amazing friends and family and looking forward to truly be able to relax and enjoy my holidays before returning to my amazing life in Australia! I still can't believe how absolutely wonderful my life is and how lucky I am right now!  I can only hope everyone else is feeling as much joy and amazing energy! I cannot thank everyone enough for being such outstanding foundations and support systems for me throughout this whole ordeal and throughout my whole life! Thank you from the deepest corners of my heart and soul! With any luck at all this will be my last post on this blog, but all the wonderful adventures of life wil no doubt continue! Wahoooo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! That's absolutely fantastic!
    Enjoy the summer while you still can - It's bloody freezing here in Tassie...

    ReplyDelete