Sunday, January 1, 2012

Great news to start off a great new year!

I got the test results back from the doctor and it is great news! The scans show absolutely nothing!!! all results are "unremarkable"and there is no evidence of uptake or residual tissue! I have been fighting back tears of joy ever since hearing the news!

That being said, I'm not 100% cancer free yet, but I'm pretty damn close! The tests did show a very small rise in my thyroglobulin (about 1.4 which is practically nothing in comparison to the >70 levels I had after my first surgery.) This suggests that there is microscopic desease still, but since it didn't uptake any of the radiation it's not worth the risks of more radioactive iodine. I'll most likely have to return for more ultrasounds in a few months, but it's pretty much as close to cancer free as I can be!

It's been a fantastic way to bring in the new year! I've been feeling better and better and have almost complete mobility of my shoulder and neck back! The whole left side of my neck is still pretty numb, but the swelling has gone down a bunch and I've been enjoying scaring people with my impressive new scar and thinking of new stories to go along with it! It is so wonderful to be back in Australia and I have been soaking up the summer sun! I just got back from volunteering at a big music festival and boogieing in the new year with a few of my amazing friends! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world and I couldn't think of a better start to what I have no doubt will be the best year yet!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic news Katy!! WooHoo!! You are so right - bring on 2012 - it can only be marvellous for you now. Happy New Year and Happy News!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy!!!! There are NO words that can express our joy and relief with this news!!!!! But I'm sure you can feel and see in your minds' eye...Grams tears and me screaming and jumping up and down...Peter toasting you with rum and all of us standing under the brilliant caribean stars feeling a deep sense of wonder and gratitude ....loving you across the seas! Cindy, Gram and Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for this news

    ReplyDelete